At TruGreen, we specialize in growth. For the lawns we care for, yes – but also for our associates. From skills and training to endless opportunities, our associates get 40 years’ worth of tested nurturing to grow to their full potential. And with competitive salaries and wide-ranging benefits, it’s the perfect environment to put down roots. Plus, our variety of positions is as extensive as the services we provide. From Call Center to IT and up into Management – a career grown here will never be stuck in the weeds.
General LaborerApply Now Req ID R5522 Location 840 Commerce Pkwy, Carpentersville, IL 60110
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Under close supervision, responsible for performing a range of common manual labor duties including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading lawn care products from vehicles, digging and refilling holes and routine grounds maintenance tasks. Assists specialists with production and provides assistance in an overall team effort.
1. Reads production schedule, customer order or work order to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or serviced.
2. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
3. Operates and/or maintains equipment such as a lawn tractors, spreaders, aerators and seeders.
4. Performs routine grounds maintenance or grounds equipment maintenance in accordance with established safety procedures.
5. Interacts with the customer onsite as needed to receive further direction regarding area to be serviced.
6. May engage in snow or ice removal ice from walks, driveways or parking lots. May rake and mulch leaves, aerate, seed, fertilize, mow and/or repair damaged lawns.
7. May assist in the pruning of trees and shrubs.
8. May drive vehicle to production locations and assigned areas.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government
• Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions, short correspondence and memos. • Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to travel locally as needed.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and walk
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
*Low to moderate
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Code 100899