At TruGreen, we specialize in growth. For the lawns we care for, yes – but also for our associates. From skills and training to endless opportunities, our associates get 40 years’ worth of tested nurturing to grow to their full potential. And with competitive salaries and wide-ranging benefits, it’s the perfect environment to put down roots. Plus, our variety of positions is as extensive as the services we provide. From Call Center to IT and up into Management – a career grown here will never be stuck in the weeds.
Residential Lawn SpecialistApply Now Req ID R3192 Location 100 Green Park Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides service to residential or commercial customers by making timely lawn/landscape applications, diagnosing and correcting lawn/landscaping problems through service calls and other customer communications, and selling/up-selling services to new and/or existing customers, resulting in growth of the customer base.
1. Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
2. Drives company vehicle to customer location.
3. Responds on a timely basis to customer requests for telephone and in-person service calls.
4. Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
5. Assists in sales to current customers through contact on route and telemarketing.
6. Measures the lawn of potential customers to provide them with an accurate cost of TruGreen’s lawn care service.
7. Performs a daily three-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return.
8. Completes production reports, new sales forms, customer invoice forms, daily vehicle inspection report, and cancel/skip notices as required daily.
9. Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
10. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of facility.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government
• Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.