As a Residential Lawn Care Specialist, you’re growing both the lawns of our customers and our business at the same time. Your love of the outdoors and the satisfaction of a job well done make you successful not only at this job but as your career progresses with our company. You won’t be stuck in an office, apply below – you’re on your way to a career in the great outdoors.
What makes a successful Residential Lawn Care Specialist at TruGreen? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
There are definitely career tracks within TruGreen, starting with Lawn Specialists. They get the training that they need, set themselves apart with excellent work and then they have the opportunity to move on to service management and beyond.
– Luke W., General Manager
Life on the Green
You have a life outside of work – and we absolutely think that’s important. We want our associates to be happy and healthy, which is why we offer our TruGreen Life Management Program (to help with stress), leave of absence policies (for illness or injury recovery) and even discount programs (to help save money on the things you already love).Learn More
We care about our associates – on the job or off. That’s why, associates are eligible for our affordable medical and prescription drug plan, in addition we offer a number of optional benefits that are sure to make your life a little easier.Learn More
Affordable medical and prescription drug coverage.
401(k) and retirement plans with employer matching.
Paid Time Off
Including vacation days, sick days and holidays.
Life and Disability Insurance
Short- and long-term disability coverage to protect you and your family from loss of income due to illness or injury.
TruGreen Life Management Program designed to help with the stress and challenges of life through professional consultation grants to service organizations.
Support for your community through grants to service organizations.
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides service to residential or commercial customers by making timely lawn/landscape applications, diagnosing and correcting lawn/landscaping problems through service calls and other customer communications, and selling/up-selling services to new and/or existing customers, resulting in growth of the customer base.
1. Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
2. Drives company vehicle to customer location.
3. Responds on a timely basis to customer requests for telephone and in-person service calls.
4. Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
5. Assists in sales to current customers through contact on route and telemarketing.
6. Measures the lawn of potential customers to provide them with an accurate cost of TruGreen’s lawn care service.
7. Performs a daily three-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return.
8. Completes production reports, new sales forms, customer invoice forms, daily vehicle inspection report, and cancel/skip notices as required daily.
9. Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
10. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of facility.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government
• Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.