You’re independent, driven by performance, and looking for more than a job. We Are Trugreen, and as the nation’s largest and most comprehensive provider of lawn service, have bigger opportunities for people like you. We’re seeking Residential Outside Sales Representatives, offering a guaranteed base plus commission to prospect and generate sales. This isn’t your ordinary sales job. With TruGreen, you’ll learn the essential skills to launch a successful career in sales.
What makes a successful Sales Representative at TruGreen? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Tech Savy
- Relationship Expertise
- Skilled Presenter
- Goal Oriented
I started at TruGreen 16 years ago. I was looking for an evening work shift so I could finish school. And in a short time, I saw that it was much, much more than that, and it turned into a career. I think that’s the biggest thing you need to understand about TruGreen – there’s real opportunity.
– Darius, Regional Sales Manager
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers both in-person and by phone. Starts the selling season through telemarketing and then transitions to outside sales during the peak selling season. Travels to residential areas and walks outside to make sales door-to-door.
1. Performs inside sales or telemarketing from the branch office during training and then occasionally over the course of the cyclical selling season based upon business needs and weather conditions. Transitions to perform outside sales door-to-door requiring travel to residential areas by personal vehicle.
2. Sells residential lawn care services, including weed control, fertilization, and insect control, as well as specialized services, tailored to the needs of customers, to achieve weekly sales goals.
3. Generates additional sales revenue by cross-selling and up-selling to current customers.
4. Compiles lists of potential customers for use as sales leads based on information from
direct mailing/advertisement, community activities, and other resources.
5. Identifies target geographic area for sales on a weekly basis.
6. Prepares and develops an effective sales pitch to build customer relationships, reinforce value-added services, and answer potential questions to overcome resistance and objections.
7. Contacts potential customers to explain type and value of services or products.
8. Quotes prices, negotiates with customer, and closes the sale.
9. Collects customer contact information for every sale.
10. Estimates date of service for customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
11. Prepares and maintains accurate sales reports.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED required
• Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record defined as no DUI-related violations within the past five years and no more than three moving violations within the past three years, are required
• Certification as required by federal, state or local law
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Consultative sales skills and abilities by phone and in-person
• Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, closing sales)
• Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
• Ability to build customer relationships and provide customer service
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Data entry skills with a computer and/or a mobile device
• Mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel locally on an extensive basis
• Time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit, stand and walk
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
• Lift or move up to 25 lbs
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
o Low to moderate
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401(k) + Company match.
We value work-life balance and emphasize life outside the office to our employees.
Partner with cross-functional teams, industry leaders, and subject matter experts.
Be innovative and ask “what if”! Try new solutions without fear of failure.
Support multiple accounts across various industries.
Experience financial growth from competitive salaries and commissions.
Life on the Green
You have a life outside of work – and we absolutely think that’s important. We want our associates to be happy and healthy, which is why we offer our TruGreen Life Management Program (to help with stress), leave of absence policies (for illness or injury recovery) and even discount programs (to help save money on the things you already love).Learn More
We care about our associates – on the job or off. That’s why, associates are eligible for our affordable medical and prescription drug plan, in addition we offer a number of optional benefits that are sure to make your life a little easier.Learn More