As a Field Supervisor, you’ll make sure every blade of grass is perfect for our customers. And our customers’ lawns are not the only thing you’ll bring the best out of. Working with your team, you’ll help them grow to their fullest as they get their hands dirty. Whether you’re hiring new team members, coaching their skills or identifying everyone’s talents and putting them to work, your leadership in the field will be what makes us all a success.
General Manager (GMQ)Apply Now Req ID R7175 Location 14150 Westfair East, Houston, TX 77041
Secondary Location Sugarland, TX 77478; San Antonio, TX 78247; Round Rock, TX 78664
Interested candidates must be willing to relocate anywhere within the S. Texas Region once training is complete.
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Engages in and must successfully complete a 3-6 month comprehensive management training program. Performs general business operations management on a rotational basis to develop and apply expertise under general supervision of a mentoring general manager (GM). Travels within geographic region for training and completion of rotational assignments. May be required to relocate upon successfully completing the management training program and assuming a general manager position responsible for the complete operational management of the assigned branch which will include leading sales, service and branch office functions.
1. Assumes leadership of an entire branch management team after training completion and branch assignment. Promotes positive employee relations including fostering high staff morale and upholds company operating standards.
2. Reviews financial reports to develop action plans to grow revenue and control expenses in order to meet or exceed annual budgets.
3. Contributes to the development and execution of branch sales and marketing strategies to attain revenue goals.
4. Develops basic competencies/understanding of all branch job roles, processes, and detailed sales and service functions. Acquires a working knowledge of branch office functions to monitor and maintain standards and efficiencies in telephone service, administrative support, and accounts receivable.
5. Ensures compliance with all applicable occupational, health, and safety regulations and laws. Fosters an environment where safety comes first and all staff strictly adheres to company operating standards.
6. Develops and executes plans for the efficient use of staffing, materials, and equipment to provide quality service to customers within a defined geographic territory upon completion of training.
7. Reviews and monitors production costs and product quality; identifies deficiencies and implements improvements to production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations.
8. Recruits, interviews and selects staff to efficiently and effectively operate the business in sales and service to new and existing customers. Provides coaching and feedback to manage and evaluate staff performance in adherence to company policies, processes and guidelines.
9. Meet performance requirements while working in both field service and sales representative capacities during training.
10. Relocates to an assigned branch within a region upon successful completion of the management training program.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of business operations management experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Supervisory management and profit & loss experience required
• Sales and/or sales management experience preferred
• Experience in lawn care/horticulture, agronomics or a related service industry preferred Certification, licensure and/or registration as required by federal, state and/or local law where applicable
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
• Current liability insurance on automobile required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of general business operations, principles, concepts and best practices
• Knowledge of managerial accounting and general financial concepts, including budgeting and managing profit & loss
• Leadership and management skills, including staffing, delegation, coaching, and performance management
• Assertiveness, sales, and influencing skills
• Project and process management skills
• Written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentations
• Knowledge and skill to summarize and interpret data and draw conclusions
• Attention to detail and analytical skills
• Skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to travel overnight for training and rotational assignments
• Ability to relocate within a region upon program completion and appointment to branch management
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for extended periods of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 25 lbs independently
Occasionally required to:
• Lift or move up to 50 lbs with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.