About Customer Service
We’ve all heard that talking to plants can help them grow. And in a Customer Service career, your kind words and understanding will be just as powerful. As the voice of our company, you’ll ensure the growth and development of our customer relationships. From weeding out their concerns to connecting them to new services, you’ll be an essential part of ensuring that their greenery thrives.
Service ManagerApply Now Req ID R4354 Location 3606 Gagnon, South Bend, IN 46628
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides quality and timely service to the customer through the recruitment, training and supervision of a team of lawn care specialists. Provides effective coaching and development of field staff so that they may positively impact customer retention through exceeding customer expectations.
1. Evaluates quality of service provided to customers and develops procedures to minimize customer complaints. Ensures diplomacy concerning customer service-related concerns.
2. Coaches and develops lawn specialists and trainees. Works with other managers to identify ways to reduce customer cancellations.
3. Recruits, interviews and selects personnel needed to efficiently staff the service function. Evaluates performance, makes salary recommendations and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
4. Plans and conducts new hire and on-going training for service personnel in customer service skills, technical skills, safety policies and procedures.
5. Supervises a team of technicians to ensure service (production and sales) goals are met. Maintains positive morale among personnel and actively promotes teamwork.
6. Examines associate work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to best practices as well as company policies and procedures.
7. Determines work procedures issuing oral and written instructions. Expedites workflow by coordinating the sharing of information between customer and field technician. Prepares work schedules and assigns and monitors duties to service personnel for efficiency.
8. Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates. Conducts daily and weekly management meetings.
9. Ensures that a safe workplace is provided for all associates by ongoing training and adherence to company policies.
10. Maintains Department of Transportation Pre/Post Trip Inspection and Drive Qualification files. Ensures current licensing is maintained by all associates as required by company policy/state and/or federal law.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate’s degree in a business-related discipline and two (2) or more years of related experience in lawn/horticulture/agronomy/lawn care services required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years of supervisory management experience required
• Certificates, licenses and registrations as required by federal and state law
• Bachelor’s degree and sales experience preferred
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of leadership and with front line staff
• Excellent leadership skills in team building, selecting talent, training, mentoring and developing a sales team, executing goals
• Excellent time management skills
• Practical knowledge of service industry and experience in developing and executing sales plans
• Business process analysis skills
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Code 101140