As a Field Supervisor, you’ll make sure every blade of grass is perfect for our customers. And our customers’ lawns are not the only thing you’ll bring the best out of. Working with your team, you’ll help them grow to their fullest as they get their hands dirty. Whether you’re hiring new team members, coaching their skills or identifying everyone’s talents and putting them to work, your leadership in the field will be what makes us all a success.
Branch Sales ManagerApply Now Req ID R5347 Location 118 Route 17 North, Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities within an assigned TruGreen branch. Staffs and leads a sales team to boost sales volume and maximize profit keeping in mind the TruGreen Commitment. Develops strategies to expand the customer base in the local marketing area.
1. Develops branch-level sales plans and forecasts. Ensures effective control of sales results to be certain that the achievement of sales objectives are within designated budgets.
2. Assists in the execution of marketing programs (door-to-door, direct mail, inside, outside) to ensure the profit growth and expansion of TruGreen’s services. Shares local market knowledge and customer experiences with TruGreen Marketing.
3. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from direct mail and other advertisements, community activities, trade shows and business seminars, and other resources. Assists in closing sales as needed.
4. Works to resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service. Analyzes and distributes new sale cancellation requests in an attempt to retain customers.
5. Plans and conducts on-going training for sales personnel in customer service skills, selling technique and safety policies and procedures.
6. Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow. Tracks hourly, daily, weekly, sales efficiencies of each salesperson.
7. Develops, implements and maintains performance standards, measurements, and corrective devices through which approved plans and goals are accomplished within the sales organization.
8. Ensures recruiting, interviewing and staffing of personnel are conducted to efficiently staff the sales function. Evaluates staff performance, makes salary recommendations and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or 2 – 3 years of related experience in the lawn/horticulture agronomic field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1-2 years of supervisory experience required
• 2-3 years of outside sales experience required
• Certificates, licenses and registrations as required by federal and state law
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of the organization, products, and/or services
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
• Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, and volume
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, specialists, customers and the general public
• Ability to define customer problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Other required knowledge skills and abilities include but are not limited to: Attention to Detail, Organizational skills, Adaptability and Flexibility.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for extended periods of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 25 lbs independently
Occasionally required to:
• Lift or move up to 50 lbs with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
Regular and punctual attendance to ensure customer service, teamwork and maintain quality standards.
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.