With over 200 branches throughout the country, the roots of TruGreen provide a solid foundation for quality lawn services and care for communities across the country. By supporting our branch operations, you will help ensure that we provide top-notch service to residential and commercial customers. Here, you will master your knowledge of lawn and landscaping strategies to help serve as an informed partner for the customer. From weed prevention to aeration, you’ll be essential in ensuring that their greenery thrives and their landscaping is the best on the block.
Commercial Lawn TechnicianApply Now Req ID R2175 Location 118 Route 17 North, Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides service to residential or commercial customers by making timely lawn/landscape applications, diagnosing and correcting lawn/landscaping problems through service calls and other customer communications, and selling/up-selling services to new and/or existing customers, resulting in growth of the customer base. Responsible for resolving customer concerns onsite.
1. Applies fertilizers and other products to lawns according to customer program, safety procedures, and label instructions. Cares for sod, plants grass seeds as needed.
2. Evaluates and diagnoses lawn problems. Resolves service issues accordingly.
3. Efficiently manages schedule (by keeping “In-Branch” time to 30 minutes or less in the morning and 45 minutes or less in the afternoon, by working within route analysis specifications, by timely responses to customer instructions and requests for telephone and in-person service calls, etc.).
4. Sells, cross-sells or up-sells Full Program Equivalent services or otherwise generates sales to current customers through contact on route.
5. Effectively communicates via handwritten customer notes, Tru-Trak, production reports, new sales and customer invoice forms, daily vehicle inspection report and cancel/skip notices daily as required.
6. Performs a daily three-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return. Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
7. May measure the lawn of potential customers to provide them with an accurate cost of TruGreen’s lawn care service.
8. May drive company vehicle to commercial customer location.
9. May assist in maintaining facility cleanliness. May fill vehicle tanks with TruGreen product. May operate heavy equipment in the aeration, seeding, fertilizing, etc. of lawns.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 3 or more years of related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government
• Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Competent in subject matter, principles, knowledge and concepts.
• Generally considered a specialist in area of assignment.
• Able to perform full scope of activities associated with job which includes the most difficult aspects.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
job code: 100882