With over 200 branches throughout the country, the roots of TruGreen provide a solid foundation for quality lawn services and care for communities across the country. By supporting our branch operations, you will help ensure that we provide top-notch service to residential and commercial customers. Here, you will master your knowledge of lawn and landscaping strategies to help serve as an informed partner for the customer. From weed prevention to aeration, you’ll be essential in ensuring that their greenery thrives and their landscaping is the best on the block.
Sr. Commercial Lawn TechnicianApply Now Req ID R5467 Location 118 Route 17 North, Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Applies lawn care and horticultural knowledge and expertise to deliver quality service and outcomes to residential and commercial customers. Promotes professional lawn care services and coaches and mentors peers. Represents and reinforces the company’s values and commitment to integrity, teamwork, safety, service and community.
1. Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions and adheres to application best practices. Cares for sod, plants grass seeds as needed. May operate heavy equipment in the aeration, seeding, fertilizing or other treatment of lawns.
2. Communicates the importance of proper lawn maintenance and makes recommendations to customers to reinforce proper cultural practices to support a healthy lawn.
3. Focuses on efficiently and effectively servicing customer lawns on daily routes. 4. Responds on a timely basis to customer requests for telephone and in-person service calls to promote customer satisfaction and retention.
5. Represents the company positively to current and potential customers within the communities in which the company operates. Assists in sales to current customers through contact on route and telemarketing.
6. Measures the lawn of potential customers to provide an accurate cost estimate of TruGreen’s lawn care service. Ensures accuracy and integrity.
7. Completes required production forms and customer instructions. Completes production reports, new sales forms, customer invoice forms, daily vehicle inspection report, and cancel/skip notices as required daily.
8. Performs a daily three-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before operating vehicle and upon return.
9. Drives company vehicle with equipment to commercial customer locations.
10. Adheres to company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for customers and associates. Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance. Assists in maintaining cleanliness and safety of facility.
11. Takes initiative to identify problems and propose solutions to overcome challenges and improve operations.
12. Promotes team work and builds and manages relationships with customers, peers and management.
13. Assists with on-boarding and training new hires and mentoring existing staff. Shares best practices, tips and techniques. Role models positive behaviors on the job.
14. Supports others with obtaining lawn care licensure by providing one-on-one coaching and instruction.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government
• Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of lawn care and horticultural products and best practices, including grasses, soils, lawn fertilization, weeds, and lawn insect and disease management
• Knowledge of safety best practices to identify and address risks
• Customer service skills to address and resolve questions and concerns
• Consultative sales skills to promote quality lawn care maintenance and outcomes
• Commitment to quality outcomes through efficiency and effectiveness
• Skill and ability to mentor and develop others on the job and as a role model
• Skill and ability to provide feedback and coaching to motivate others to succeed
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Noise level - Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.