About Customer Service
We’ve all heard that talking to plants can help them grow. And in a Customer Service career, your kind words and understanding will be just as powerful. As the voice of our company, you’ll ensure the growth and development of our customer relationships. From weeding out their concerns to connecting them to new services, you’ll be an essential part of ensuring that their greenery thrives.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPApply Now Req ID R7409 Location 615 Day Hill Road, Windsor, Connecticut 06095
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
We're seeking a Customer Service Representative. If you set high standards for Excellence, Integrity and Customer Service this may be the position for you. Apply now and learn more about opportunities with TruGreen.
Receives calls to resolve basic and routine customer concerns in a timely and professional manner. Acts as a liaison between the branch and the customer in order to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Answers inbound customer service calls, responds to customer emails and surveys.
- Resolves customer service concerns to determine root cause of the concern.
- Escalates customer issues requiring extensive problem solving.
- Uses save training and current save offers to retain customers at every opportunity.
- Updates and maintains customer database with accurate customer information and timely data entry.
- Upsells services to existing customers based on customer needs.
- Provides resolution and timely follow-up with the customers.
- Communicates customer impacting trends and/or ideas for improvement to manager.
- May perform outbound calls to internal and external customers to schedule applications and/or service calls.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or up to one year related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service skills and ability to address with complaints and resolve conflict in a professional and decisive manner
- Telemarketing and sales skills to up-sell products and services to meet customer needs
- Written and verbal communication skills for professional business interactions
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as familiarity with social media software applications
- Ability to learn and apply general knowledge of the company, products and services
- Ability to read, comprehend and adhere to instructions, processes and procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Mathematical skills to calculate (add, subtract, multiply, and divide) in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals to determine rate, ratio, and percent
- Organizational and time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
- Ability to work independently under general supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
- The ability to talk and type simultaneously when interacting with customers
Regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and walk
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Low to moderate
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.